|studies show that ice is cold
||[Feb. 23rd, 2006|11:46 am]
|||||Annie - Heartbeat||]|
Well well, it's been a while, hasn't it? Shit, where to start. I guess I'll just do this quick'n'fast.
* Spent the next few weeks in Sydney. Four letters: S L U T. Eight guys in two weeks. Yes, disgusting, I know - you don't have to tell me. Since then I've deduced that I picked up so often to make me feel wanted again after breaking up with "newboyfriend" (who I will now dub as "exboyfriend"). But that's a long and involved story - and I know you all love stories! - but this one is better left unsaid :)
* Best friend in the entire world let rip that she likes me more than "just a friend". But that's another epic story.
* Went out on Oxford again and bumped into cutelebabneseguy. Danced, drank. Somehow met a group of funky people, one was Chris - cute blond twinky youngster, and another was Carla - funky red-head who looks like Lindsay lohan but less anorexic. Carla says that she's just finished Year 12, and is going to study at my uni. Awesome, we vow to catch up and go out for a ragers when she gets settled in (we're meeting up tonight for drinks and dancing! yay excitement!). British backpacker chicks gave us free tickets to new club on Oxford called Havana, so entire group goes. The club was alright, but the conversation was better. Had a really good time chatting with Chris, judging people's choice in footwear. So drunk I get all touchy, but then I check myself and think better of it. Want to kiss him real bad (receive text from Chris later that day saying he wanted to do the same). Damn! Was a very funktastic last night out in Sydney.
* Next day, get my lip pierced on a whim. Immediately regret it. Bottom lip swells into a grapefruit. Now, a few weeks later, it looks hot - I just need to get it downsized so that it hugs my lip a bit better, then it'll be uber-hot.
* Went back home to the country and stayed there for a few weeks. Whilst traveling home via bus, receive message from my mother saying "I HAVE MET SOMEONE. HIS NAME IS "oldguy" AND I THINK HE MIGHT BE THE ONE. YOU'LL MEET HIM WHEN YOU GET HOME". My mother doesn't know how to use lower case on her phone. Plus, HOW FUCKING RUDE of her to let me know an hour before I arrive! I don't want to meet her new beau, especially after a freakin' seven hour voyage, even if he is the nicest geriatric in the world. So I arrive home at 11:15 at night to be greeted with that. Good times. I'm civil, but disinterested.
* Night out in the country (which is essentially just going to the pub in the most dressed-down clothes that i have, but I still get called a goth for wearing a black shirt from Dangerfield). Have a surprising conversation with chicks who used to be snobby and elite in high-school, which is surprising but good. But I still think nothing of them. Later in the night, am verbally assaulted with "POOFTER" by a group of wanksters. Give them the bird and a nonchalant "SUCK IT", then hope to God they're not following me. I love country towns.
* The night before I leave, mother and "oldguy" save a dog from being put down. I don't know the story, but it was facing certain doom. Her name is Honey, she's a Pomeranian (you know, like Paris Hilton's toy-dog thing, but cuter). My mother mentions Paris Hilton (since when does she know about tramp socialites?), and I say "Yes, this breed of dog is so in right now," and it is the gayest sounding thing I have ever said in my entire life. But the dog really is cute.
* Back to Canberra. Job training for the University Library. People I work with are awesome. Best job ever - we just end up playing Charades for half the shift. But most of them are really quite dull, so sadly, I'm the raging life of the party at work. I think they're coming out of their shells though, which is good.
* Go out alone while staying in a hostel in Canberra City. Am having amazing time dancing with a debauched pack of girls, when i get a playful kick in the bum. "Exboyfriend". I'm like "HEEEY! How are you going? It's been a while,", and he's all like "HEEY! Are you here by yourself..?", and I'm like "Yeah I am but I've met these lickity-chicks!" I can see on his face that he's thinking of things to say to make me hang out with him, but I've already traipsed back to the circle of chicks.
On my way to the bar/toilet/dancefloor, he keeps playfully (?) brushing me and getting my attention. I wait a few seconds, see that he has nothing to say, then wave, grin, and continue traipsing.
* Moved back into the University Halls of Residence about a week ago. Is mega-cool, becuase last year a friend (let's call her KT) applied for her to move onto my floor, and now she's here! Which is awesome. I was worried she'd be all up in my space, but that hasn't been the case so far.
* Went out to Cube (the gay club) and run into KT and friend of KT. Awesomest night, general debauchery and such. I'm dancing on the stage by myself, pulling out all the hot-moves with a big friendly smile, and just looking like "fun" personified. See "exboyfriend". He winks at me, and I wink back - just to be friendly and show that there are no hard feelings. "Exboyfriend" tries desperately to join a group of guys on the dancefloor. It doesn't work. "Exboyfriend" ends up following me around the club all night.
I don't notice that he is, but KT & friend are getting pissed off that he keeps appearing everywhere, trying to hug me from behind, dancing closer and closer to us etc. KT is especially pissed-off - one night "exboyfriend" remorselessly called her fat and unattractive, and tried to convince her that I was "HIS" now, and that she should back off. Me, KT and friend are sitting outside, chillaxing, when "exboyfriend" comes along and stands at the edge of our circle.
Ex: [to KT in a really familiar tone] Hey! How are you!
KT: Good thanks [pensive grin].
["Exboyfriend" exits stage right]
Everytime he does this, we're civil and friendly, but we don't give him any opportunities to sidle us. For me, it's not a facade of friendliness - I actually want to be friends with him, just not boyfriends - and I feel a bit guilty, because I still have a soft spot for him, but the spot's not big enough to put up with the hurt and crap again. As for KT, she can't let go of the fact that he cheated on me, tried to put a wedge between me and her and fuck-up our friendship, was using me because "having me" would make other guy's way jealous, and just his constant manipulation and pathological lieing. I can see why she won't let go.
Anyways, the night moves on with more dancing and drinking. We get soooo slaughtered. KT almost gets removed by security for being REALLY REALLY trashed and is threatened with a one-month ban from the club. We find this uber-hilarious. Literally "go-outside-and-roll-on-the-grass" hilarious. The next morning KT vows never to drink again. That night we get drunk and go to Cube.